Field technique, an equipment review

Subject: Field technique, an equipment review
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2016 16:01:45 -0700
You all know how much I dislike juggling lenses and tubes in the field. I carry two camera bodies around my neck, just so I won't have to change lenses most of the time.

I feel much the same way about filters, although the $ stakes aren't as high. In both cases, while I'm diddling, the light is changing, the subject is moving, my focus and concentration are shifting . . .

So naturally, I'm interested in anything that reduces the time and hassle.

So naturally, I looked around - and tried a set of Xume filter adapters. ;-)
<http://www.xumeadapters.com/>

I think I may be in love. Although Xume won't commit to their ability to carry specific weight, I find that they safely hold the 77 g. 500D in any sort of normal use. On this lens, there's the additional protection of the short, slide-out hood that prevents sideways bumps.* Tuesday especially, at a botanic garden, I was popping the 5T on and off the lens and in and out of my shirt pocket with great abandon. That's the way "things should be"!

$52 for the 72 mm small kit seemed expensive to me when I ordered. Now it seems like a bargain, for what it does for my field photography.

Liberated Moose

* The lens comes with an additional, large, slide-on hood.