[OM] Nathan's PAD 28/4/2016: back to one of my favourite art places in t

Subject: [OM] Nathan's PAD 28/4/2016: back to one of my favourite art places in the world
From: Nathan Wajsman <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2016 11:50:16 +0200
When I am in Copenhagen, I visit the Louisiana Museum of Modern Art in the
coastal town Humlebæk. It is an amazing place, with a mix of a great permanent
collection and awesome exhibitions. This is the place where I saw a
Mapplethorpe exhibition for the first time back in the 90s, and I have been
acquainted with several other great artists over the years. Without exception,
every visit ends with an expanded horizon. To my delight, Louisiana is now open
until 10 p.m. most days, so I could go with my friend Beata after work rather
than alone during the day.

So, yesterday afternoon, after Beata got home from work, we took the northern
coastal train to Humlebæk. The air was extremely clear, but with heavy grey
clouds threatening rain (which never came):
http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-dGbhtwK/A

The main new exhibition was called Eye Attack and was about kinetic and op art
from the period 1950-70. Some fantastic stuff, and in some of the installations
the viewer became part of the work:
http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-8qrsWGc/A

The sculpture garden outside was particularly beautiful at dusk. Note the
colours visible in the background—as part of the Eye Attack, parts of the
museum itself were transformed into an orgy of colours and shapes:
http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-fbwCqDp/A

This is the colourful walkway visible on the previous image, now seen from the
inside. The statue at the far end is by Giacometti:
http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-cvQ8fbj/A

That walkway leads to what is probably my favourite room in the permanent
collection at Louisiana. There are a couple of Giacometti sculptures, a large
print by Jeff Wall, and a gorgeous view of the outside:
http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-cjSKDNT/A

Thus spiritually enriched, we had a beer in the café and took the train back to
Copenhagen. All museums should be open late!

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman
Alicante, Spain