Re: [OM] IMGs: Accident Aftermath

Subject: Re: [OM] IMGs: Accident Aftermath
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2016 21:58:22 -0700
On 4/27/2016 9:01 AM, Chris Trask wrote:
      Last week we had a terrific single car accident . . .

      I went by the next day to see what was meant by the wall being
"reinforced", and it didn't take long to see that it was an understatement.
The owner had experienced a number of incidents where people had left the roadway,
crashing into his wall, etc.  So, he panted a number of sections of 150-pount railroad
rail just behind the wall.  It was one of these that had torn the car in half:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/64004640@N03/26677874595/in/dateposted-public/

Reminds me of a house not far from here. It's on a fairly sharp turn at the end of a long, straight downhill. One of my brothers managed to total mom's VW by rolling it into their living room. As that was not an isolated incident, they stuck long sections of good sized steel pipe in the ground and filled them with concrete. I don't remember just how big; very impressive, but now hidden in landscaping.

Kapow! Moose