Re: [OM] Need help:E-1 firmware update

Subject: Re: [OM] Need help:E-1 firmware update
From: Rick Beckrich <rbeckrich@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2016 12:55:21 -0400
Damn! You must have good eyes, Jim.

With a big glass, I found "Canon" on each plug,
"China Made" on the mini end, along with an italic "*b", * nothing on the
resister (?)
No numbers, no other markings.

Looking to see if I have an Oly cable someplace...

Grumble, grumble...

On Fri, Apr 22, 2016 at 12:35 PM, Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Rick,
>
> The USB cable that works with my E-1 came with it when I got it from the
> previous owner.  Both connectors are marked "GE".  The markings on the
> cable are in two groups:
>
> AWM E101344 STYLE 2835 VW-1 60C 30V SPACE SHUTTLE C
>
> CSA LL80671 AWM IIA/B 60C 150V FT1 USB Revision 2.0
>
> You might see how yours is marked.
>
> Jim Nichols
> Tullahoma, TN USA
>

> On 4/22/2016 10:48 AM, Rick Beckrich wrote:
>
>>     OK, I've uploaded the Oly digital camera updater to my laptop. (TX
>> bj!)
>>
>>     Tell Dell "yes" I want to accept program. Turn on camera.
>>     Following the screen directions, hook up the USB cable and attach it
>>     the E-1.
>>     Click on 'Next' and my screensays, "Unable to detect camera, check
>>     connections."
>>     I did. Switched ports - ditto. And nothing shows on the E-1 lcd.
>>
>>     What am I missing here?
>>
>>     2nd thought - USB cord is a C**** which downloaded shots from my G5
>>     this week,
>>     so the cord itself seems to be alright... but is it wrong for the Oly?
>>
>>     Thanks,
>>
>>     digital dino rick
>>

> --

As much as I hate to "crow", I'm delighted to tell you that my 5-star
reviewed hardcover book for kids, ages 4-to-8,
*The Little Crow Who Could Not CAW
<http://www.amazon.com/Little-Crow-Who-Could-Not-ebook/dp/B01B2028SS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1455042958&sr=8-1&keywords=rick+beckrich>,*
is
finally available as an interactive Kindle e-book from Amazon.com.

    (P.S. - The Kindle reader is a free app from Amazon that works on PC,
laptops, and most hand-held devices.)