[OM] [OT] Comments from Elmers.com on salt in the glue

Subject: [OM] [OT] Comments from Elmers.com on salt in the glue
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2016 07:40:17 -0400
I asked:
I recently read a suggestion to sprinkle a very little bit of salt on a glue joint. It acts like sand on ice and helps hold glue covered parts steady for positioning before using nails or screws. My question is whether you have heard of this technique and whether it has any serious weakening effects on an Elmer's Carpenter's Glue joint.

Elmer's responded:
Dear Charles,
Unfortunately we are not familiar with the technique you described.

Chuck Norcutt