Re: [OM] A bit choppy..

Subject: Re: [OM] A bit choppy..
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2016 07:11:51 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
     I've experience English Channel crossing in more serious weather (got to
see the hull stabilisers once), but the most serious experience was crossing
the Atlantic from Rotterdam to New York City in 1963 on the USNS Upshure.  We
passed through the remnant of a hurricane north of Bermuda and I watched a
25,000 ton or so tanker off the starboard side pitching in a 20-foot sea.  The
forward third of the hull would be above water at the swell crests and the it
would plummet into the trough with the propeller exposed.

>Captured on the westbound sailing yesterday. A small but intense low
>came through yesterday afternoon. Fun starts about 2min in...
>
><https://youtu.be/fXNni1mcA1U>

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson