Re: [OM] It'sPi Day!--now Day after Pi Day!-- Mandatory list assignments

Subject: Re: [OM] It'sPi Day!--now Day after Pi Day!-- Mandatory list assignments
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2016 13:06:50 -0700

. . .

More of a Pi guy, Mike

Life of Moose wrote:
<<<I liked the book.

Marnie read it and liked it. I leafed through it.

Op. Cit Moose:
<<<You want an odd shape, I very much enjoyed ch. 23, where Pi had been attending the services of
three major religions, without anyone knowing, "I was a practising Hindu, Christian and Muslim",
<<<and ends up in a meeting with the leaders of those churches and his parents. (I don't know if
my shape is as odd as Pi's, but one may hope . . .)

OK, I will read ch 23 if I can put my hands on the book--upstairs somewhere.

I hope I was not actually advocating such rash action. I was only suggesting that I may, with any luck, not be a shape that fits any standard shaped holes. :-)

I imagine that the more magical parts of the book, which I also enjoyed, might be the reason most people who liked it did so.

Nor was I proposing that you might like that part, only that I did . . .

Despite Marnie's efforts to have me be more rounded, am too much of a square
peg to read that. The edges
are a bit nicked and perhaps even a bit of dry rot has set in, but no other
changes.

OCM:
<<<Is this the same Mike Gordon who posted, and I quote, ". . .but on second thought
artistic license is in order. Don't Let Slavish Depiction of the Truth Ruin a Good Story."
<<<That last sentence is in my Quotes file.

Wow, I am honored to make a quotes file, especially OCM,  and  am not being
facetious.

It's a rag tag bunch. Here's another, perhaps on point:

"Is this a true story?"
I said "It is now."
    - Wim Wenders, The Act of Seeing

You did catch me in a contradiction due to modest hyperbole, but in the process
I was true to the
quoted aphorism and you have violated same. ;-)

Oh dear, now my head hurts.

Tangled Thoughts Moose