Re: [OM] PESO - Seen on a rainy day

Subject: Re: [OM] PESO - Seen on a rainy day
From: Rick Beckrich <rbeckrich@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2016 10:47:42 -0400
The lag bolt led me to believe there was a horizontal rail attached to
yonder side. Duh.

On Mar 13, 2016 12:32 AM, "Moose" <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 3/11/2016 8:48 PM, Jim Nichols wrote:
>>
>> Hi Moose,
>>
>> I like it, but I'm not quite sure what I am seeing.  My first guess is
that it is a rough, square screw in a utility pole. (?)

> On 3/11/2016 11:14 PM, ChrisB wrote:
>>
>> A really green utility pole . . .
>

> On 3/12/2016 5:24 AM, Rick Beckrich wrote:
>>
>> Fence post?
>

> Gosh, I didn't mean this to be a "what is it" image. The title, "Utility"
wouldn't be there, otherwise. :-)   I thought about titling it "Utility
Pole" but thought that sounded like a handy person, or perhaps infielder,
of Polish citizenship or descent. ;-)

> It is indeed a utility pole. That side faces north and is protected from
direct sun most of the time. Our recent (and continuing, yea!) rains have
brought out all the green stuff of various sorts that thrives in cool, wet
circumstances, and haven't been much seen for some time.

> The square headed lag bolt is part of the climbing system long used
hereabouts, with solid rungs up higher and mounts for removable rungs
below. I don't think anyone uses at least the lower ones anymore, rather
spike boots or bucket lifts.