Re: [OM] [OT] Epson scanner transparency light and roof tiles

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Epson scanner transparency light and roof tiles
From: Brian Gray via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 09 Mar 2016 19:55:17 +0000
Cc: Brian Gray <bsg017@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
   Chris wrote

That?s good news, Brian :-)

But, I have less good news re concrete roof tiles.  The group of houses where I
live were built about 1960 and are having to be re-roofed one by one as the tile
s start to break up. Our differing experiences may relate to different climates
since you live further south in the UK and on the drier side of the country. I b
elieve repeated freeze/thaw cycles are particularly bad for such materials. I wo
uld expect slate to be better, but then problems tend to occur when the fixing n
ails finally rust through.
Brian Gray