[OM] Film Wedding redux 1a

Subject: [OM] Film Wedding redux 1a
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2016 10:46:35 -0600
So, I finally got the film processed and scanned from the last
wedding. I had gotten sick with this flu bug and it wiped me out for a
couple of weeks. Anyway, everything is digitized now and living life
in Lightroom.

Just a couple of things that jump out at me.

1. The Zuiko 50/1.4 really is just a wonderful lens for the unique
character it puts on images that is totally missing in today's optics.
I used it and the 28/2 very heavily and am very pleased with the
results. The 35-80 zoom got some use, but not really all that much.

2. The colors and skintones are great. But I do notice that the new
Portra 400 does not respond to color LED lighting well. Odd. I will
run a test roll in the future.

3. Grain is fantastic. In Lightroom, just run the color noise
reduction up to 50 and the luminance noise reduction up to around 20
and it settles down very nicely.

4. Final observation that I'll say right now is that I'm reminded of
just how good the colors from Olympus digital cameras are.

AG