C-U gear [was Color... At last!]

Subject: C-U gear [was Color... At last!]
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2016 13:52:29 -0800
On 2/29/2016 8:43 PM, Moose wrote:

but not terribly strong --I think 1.5 diopter

Where did you get that? I looked what I thought was all over.

The IS/L A & B-Macros are +2.5 diopter. Holding the A-Macro and P02 side by side as magnifiers, the P02 is clearly stronger. I'd guess at least +3. Remember, if you tried to compute backward from the 25 or 45/1.8 numbers in the specs., that these lenses are shorter FL at close focus. I'll try to remember to use an infinity target (El Sol) tomorrow to get a better number.**

Quick and dirty; I held up the lenses, moved them in and out from the concrete walk to get the smallest sun image, and measured with a tape in the other hand.

MCON P02          ~260 mm =  +3.8diopters
IS/L A-Macro FL   ~385 mm =  +2.6diopters

As the A-Macro spec is +2.5 diopters, it would appear that the P02 is about 3.6. The P01 would then be somewhere over 2.5 and less than 3.5.

Rough Measurement Moose