Re: [OM] 14-150 close-ups

Subject: Re: [OM] 14-150 close-ups
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2016 23:12:58 -0800
On 2/27/2016 5:42 PM, Mike Lazzari wrote:
I'm liking the close-up capabilities of the 14-150 II. Not really macro but for what I shoot it's good. Wildflowers are starting to bloom here so I took it for a quick spin around the rock outcrops.

<http://www.interisland.net/watershed/mike/WalkDogs/Feb16/satinflower_70011.JPG>

This one is wonderful! Beautiful subject and composition and good bokeh.

The second one isn't as strong, to my taste, but a crop from top and right
would get it closer.

I got a lot of good C-U images with the 14-150. It's a good lens. I've used it seldom since the arrival of the 75-300, but still do for some things, and it goes along as back-up on trips.

I also found it to work well with extension tubes, to get even closer. The tubes are dirt cheap, small and weigh nothing, even by your hiking standards. :-)

Come a Little Closer Moose