Re: [OM] progress

Subject: Re: [OM] progress
From: Mike Lazzari <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2016 08:41:16 -0800
We're at ~200' this morning. The first 40' gets a casing which is sealed with cement to prevent surface contamination. The first day they drill an 8" hole and put in 6" casing which is filled with the cement. Then it is plugged with a "balloon" and air pressure forces the cement up the outside of the casing until it oozes up to the surface. This sets up overnight. Now they are drilling a 6" hole down through the sealed casing. I expect/hope we get good water at +400' based on the neighbor's wells. We sit up on a rock about 50' higher than the closest neighbor who's well is 365' so I'm figuring to hit the same pool and go a little farther. The rock is hard and slow going so I'm not expecting much today....maybe tomorrow.

FYI price is 40/' for casing, 16/' for the rest + pump, pipe, wiring, etc. in the well itself. I'll use my existing infrastructure and do the wiring and ditching and plumbing myself so my cost is just for the well alone.

Mike