Re: [OM] Photoshop strips audio from AVCHD (.MTS) files?

Subject: Re: [OM] Photoshop strips audio from AVCHD (.MTS) files?
From: "C.H.Ling" <ch_photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2016 12:43:11 +0800
Yes, according to Adobe, PS does not support AC3. To extract and edit audio
stream I use Audacity with FFmpeg plug in, then you can save your audio
stream to AAC or other format which can be imported to PS and merge with
your video.

You can also use MEGUI (Ctrl-F7) to extract the AC3 stream from MTS files,
then use any free audio convertion tool available to convert it to other
format.

C.H.Ling

----- Original Message ----- From: "Michael Gordon" <usher99@xxxxxxx>

Hi CH,
Sound is fine on the cam, pc, and hdmi out to TV.  There is something about
PS cs6 and perhaps premier pro that won't work with some audio in avchd.
Perhaps a licensing issue (?dolby)?    I thought you would know what to do.
If there is an easy way to convert the audio portion w/o too much time/pain,
that would be good.   I just like to use PS to edit as I know how to use it
and can at least in part trim highlights etc like still images.
Mike
Sent from my iPhone