Re: [OM] IMGS: Tests with MM and M246

Subject: Re: [OM] IMGS: Tests with MM and M246
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2016 15:33:12 -0800
On 2/11/2016 9:48 AM, Tina Manley wrote:
PESO:

I did some tests with the Noctilux and Summilux on the MM and M246.  I have
a hard time telling the files apart.  I did notice that neither camera
records the aperture correctly because all of the photos were either shot
wide open or at F/8 and they were not recorded that way.  I also shot some
with both cameras at ISO 6400 but that was not recorded either. The M246
files are about half the size of the MM files.  These are the ones shot
with the 50/1.4:

http://www.pbase.com/tinamanley/image/162551679

and hit next until the end.

The exposure of the second bread image seems to me better than the third. Perhaps you need -1/3 EV adj on the new camera, too?

Overall, the tonalities from the M246 are pleasing, although I think upper mid tone contrast could usefully be a little higher.

Light and Shadow Moose