Re: [OM] I must admit

Subject: Re: [OM] I must admit
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 2016 20:49:58 -0800
On 2/9/2016 12:35 PM, Chuck Norcutt wrote:
I wasn't aware that Picture Window Pro was now doing that. I used to use PTLens by ePaperPress. It's a Photoshop plug-in that has distortion profiles for lots of lenses which are provided by users of the software. I've provided profiles for most of my own lenses which includes a lot of OM Zuikos as well as Canon mount Tokinas and Tamrons.

The plug-in won't work with PWP. It also includes a stand-alone version, but
that's kinda a pain in the work flow.

The procedure involves photographing an architectural subject with very square lines. The author was pleased with my test shots since he said they were very easy to work with. I chose a late 1950s 3-story grammar school building whose exterior was largely straight aluminum beams encompassing large windows and colored aluminum panels separating the glass. Vertical and horizontal lines all over the place and very square. He then does measurements from the images to develop a distortion profile for the lens and at various focal lengths for zooms.

All the lenses I need it for these days already have profiles. Eager guys like
Chuck have done the work for me. ;-)

PTLens is still available <http://epaperpress.com/ptlens/index.html> You can get a free trial version that will correct 10 images. After that you need to buy a $25 license. Here's an interesting comparison between PTLens and Photoshop lens correction. PTLens is superior in some cases. <http://epaperpress.com/ptlens/lensCorrect.html>

It's really very good. I previously posted this comparison.
<http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/tech/DXO/LensCorrect.htm>
As you can see, PTLens was as good as DxO Photo Pro with one lens and better
with the other.

Barnum Moose