[OM] Heavy Light Big Compact Lazy Skill

Subject: [OM] Heavy Light Big Compact Lazy Skill
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2016 15:27:34 -0600
Assignment: Wedding
Requirement: Film AND Digital, hence two cameras.

Not that I've already made up my mind and DO know what I'm doing, but
am always open to input--with the understanding that I never try
things out on a client without having tested/practiced/used it
beforehand. After all, I am a professional.

Option 1: E-3 with 14-42 lens for digital. OM-4T with MD2 and
35-80/2.8 zoom for film. Both cameras equipped with radio trigger for
remote flashes when necessary. Occasionally with on-camera flash. Both
cameras configured nearly identically.

Option 2: DMC-L1 with 14-42 lens for digital. OM-4T with 28/2 or
50/1.4 or 100/2 lens for film. No motordrive. Both cameras equipped
with radio trigger for remote flashes when necessary. Occasionally
with on-camera flash. Both cameras configured nearly identically.

The advantage of Option 1 is the size, mass and self-importance of the
larger kit. It looks the biz and does get respect. The disadvantage is
the huge amount of weight and size. After a couple of hours, I'm ready
to lay down and die. But I wouldn't have to worry about changing
lenses, etc. But would also need to utilize more flash for the lenses
not as bright..

The advantage of Option 2 is the low impact nature of that kit. I can
carry it around all day and not get nearly as fatigued and sore. The
disadvantage is that I have to actually wind the film myself and have
to change lenses occasionally.

Or, I can mix-and-match. Use both kits, but only the large one when I
NEED to impress during the formals. From an image-quality perspective,
the DMC-L1 and E-3 are pretty much interchangeable with a slight
advantage to the L1.

I've pretty much made up my mind, I think, kinda sorta, but would be
happy to hear from others.

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx