Re: [OM] hyperlink in a JPEG file : possible ?

Subject: Re: [OM] hyperlink in a JPEG file : possible ?
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2016 21:31:54 -0800
On 1/22/2016 5:25 PM, John Hudson wrote:
To be specific I would like to embed latitude and longitude co-ordinates in an image as a hyperlink linked directly to Google Earth.

Where/how are you planning to display the image(s)?

I don't know how, or if it is possible, to do what you want to do. Lat-Long is easily embedded in standard EXIF entries, but I don't believe there is a place for a link URL. Even if there were, or if there were some other place where it was embedded, all the major browsers would have to recognize it and offer to act on it.

It is possible to display an image, either by itself or on a page, using pretty simple HTML, so that clicking on the image will take one to the link, Google Maps or what ever you want.

Scripting languages could also do it, within a script that displays image(s). I've added to the PHP code in the Singapore Gallery that I use reading and display of Lat-Long. It wouldn't be difficult to make the location display into a link to Google Maps.

Where's Moose?