Re: [OM] IMG: Another Relic of the Past

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Another Relic of the Past
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2016 13:02:04 -0800
On 1/15/2016 2:09 PM, Jim Nichols wrote:
Alan's Box of Keys set me to thinking about things from the past. A great-aunt gave me this horn when I was a child. It had belonged to her late husband. It was used to recall the dogs during fox or 'coon hunts in the South during the years following the Civil War. (She also gave me his battered "fiddle", which contained dried snake rattles to increase the resonance.)

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Horn3.TIFF.html

I like the tonal quality of the B&W, as photograph. But to me it makes it look like it's carved from wood, while the color version is clearly bovine horn.

Horning In Moose