[OM] Autofocus for OM on Sony A7x soon

Subject: [OM] Autofocus for OM on Sony A7x soon
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2016 19:10:03 -0500
Cc: usher99@xxxxxxx
Don't know if anyone recalls my post on the patented Z-shift technology  Sony
advertised a year or so ago--no product yet.  The cam would have to be bigger
of course.
Techart has AF adapters for Contax G and Leica M soon--likely use some PD/CD
hybrid with the sensor.  Lenses with floating elements should be focused fairly
close first I would think.
I hope it  works well.  If they don't make an OM version one could stack a dumb
adapter on the end, with all caveats that that entails.  I can see getting one,
but want to wait for performance reports.

http://leicarumors.com/2016/01/07/new-techart-adapter-will-let-you-autofocus-leica-m-lenses-on-sony-a7-cameras.aspx/

It looks like the  thicker sensor stack will slightly degrade some WA lenses
even built for SLR's--but that can be remedied, but the workflow becomes more
complex.

AG for some reason was not that excited about the Z shift thing, so perhaps not
about this either.  That puzzles me. Focus peaking and enlarged LV in the EVF
should get  the focus quite close, but this adapter may be faster.

Mike