Re: [OM] How do I get a smarter camera?

Subject: Re: [OM] How do I get a smarter camera?
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2016 22:06:11 -0800
Surprised about the lack of contrast in the original file--SOOC jpeg?

Default ACR Raw conversion, but for WB. Light was mostly brightish overcast, through a window above and to the left, with a bit of incandescent in the room.

Overall DR of the subject was high, and I think the original reflects that. I think you are talking about upper-mid-tone contrast? I'm not sure I can expect the camera to know I want contrast and local contrast in a freshly poured head of beer in strong light, but not in the rest of the image. :-)

Adding contrast and LCE to the head helped the left side, which you see, but made the right side dark (darned natural light DR!), which you don't see. :-)

In a pinch while traveling have transferred jpeg from cam to phone with Panny
app and spruced up a bit in
snapseed.

I wasn't wowed by Snapseed when I tried it.

Am not a super fan of Belgian blondes (ales) as rather grassy/floral but that
is a fan of Porters/Brown ales talking.

Perhaps you'd prefer their Amber Ale or Carol's other favorite, Greens Dubbel Dark, which scored 3 and 2 behind the Blonde in this review <http://www.pastemagazine.com/blogs/lists/2012/03/the-best-and-worst-gluten-free-beers.html>. Notice he calls the Blonde a "a well-balanced Tripel". I would happily drink it, but Pliny the Elder was on tap.

On another gluten note (or lack thereof) my cousin from Seattle was visiting
over Thanksgiving and made a pie crust with vodka.  Seem less gluten forms from
gliadin and glutenin
as it does not hydrate the proteins as much.  Very flaky results are seen
--even if the lipid patrol had to take a day off.

Just finished installing 2TB SSD as boot drive in laptop after cloning the
drive--took 5 hrs--so far no glitches detected.  Phew and huzzah.

Congrats! I put a 256 GB in my little traveling companion. Not a lot of point
in more, with an old, slow hardware interface.

  Not gluten free, Mike

 Moose