[OM] Oly DoF Tricks

Subject: [OM] Oly DoF Tricks
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2015 19:58:15 -0500
Cc: usher99@xxxxxxx
DOM writes:

<<<This one came with overcooked highlights. I pulled them down, pretty good
retention in the JPEG, raised shadows just a tiny bit, so it wasn't just a
black hole, and tried out post downsizing deconvolution sharpening.

              <http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/tech/TG-4_Focus/PC280036.htm>

Quite capable little cam.  Too bad it can't output a tiff or DNG but neither
does Combine Z and that takes a bunch more work.  Helicon will process stacked
raws and output a DNG but Zerene stacker does not demosaice them but will work
on 16 bit  tiffs.

I always very much  want to try a few "macro landscapes" going from about 1:2
or so to infinity.  It seems the entrance pupil has to be kept in  fairly
constant  position (some little cams can actually do this)  and increase mag by
moving back  a standard on a bellows ---or the images will not stack.  I have
seen a mount modified Zuiko 35 /2.8 on a bellows put to this use, but perhaps a
T-mount WA lens might work w/o surgery--don't know.

No round touits left in my jar right now,  Mike