Re: [OM] Active Voice instead of Passive

Subject: Re: [OM] Active Voice instead of Passive
From: Brian Gray via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Dec 2015 21:47:10 +0000
Cc: Brian Gray <bsg017@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
   Andrew said:
   <
   3. The fact that you are not using your native language should not
   confer ?weight? - you may be talking rubbish or be in error.
   Admiration,, encouragement - yes but deference, no.

   Re reading my original contribution, I have to agree with Andrew.   I
   had intended to say that in discussions of the use of 'Active' or
   'Passive' tenses, we should ask the non-native English speakers which
   they found easier to understand.   On photographic matters, I would not
   give their views more weight.
   I had better make a New Year resolution to say what I mean and not
   confuse matters in such contributions! :-(
   Brian