Re: [OM] Re-photography vs. scanning of slides, was: Legacy lens for cop

Subject: Re: [OM] Re-photography vs. scanning of slides, was: Legacy lens for copy work
From: "C.H.Ling" <ch_photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Dec 2015 23:26:43 +0800
I'm well aware of the cleaning issue but my piority is color, D-Max then
resolution, I will leave the dust there until I need to print them (mostly
unlikely). At the mean time dust issue with camera copy is much less
sensitive than scanner.

You really need to process lots of images to find out a problem. There are
always color differences between different scanners and cameras, even
Vuescan gives very different results compared with the original software.
The differences sometimes is minor and can be fixed in post but one day I just found some images with color off too much to be accepted.

C.H.Ling

----- Original Message ----- From: "Moose" <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>

But this is really a bit of amusement, just to see what it can do. It
might even have an occasional special use. But my big issue
with the camera copy method is with the lack of IR cleaning. I
would far rather let a scanner work away for hours, days, weeks,
than spend time spotting. It seems that KR can now be
pretty well IR cleaned, from what I've read.

I'm sure you read CH's reply. He has always in the past had good
things to say about his copy stand with flash method,
but now voices some limitations.