Re: [OM] Creston Train Station 1

Subject: Re: [OM] Creston Train Station 1
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2015 16:09:40 -0600
OK, I have to share a funny.

As I was editing this picture in Lightroom, I had the image zoomed in
to 100% and was tweaking the sharpening and noise reduction settings.

The image on the screen was narrowed into a small section of window
and wall. I looked and saw that there was an odd horizontal banding
problem. "Oh rats, bad scan" I thought. I thought that I was getting
some strange banding artifacts from the scanner. So I backed off the
NR/Sharpening settings to see if they went away (as they normally do),
but they didn't go away.

I was puzzled for a minute, but decided to "ignore" the problem and
hope that it wouldn't show up on the web image. A couple minutes
later, as I'm doing something else, I zoom back in and realize that
I'm seeing the different rows of bricks. The bricks are not uniform
and actually change color and surface from one row to the next. The
banding problem was actually just the bricks.

Duh.

AG Schnozz