[OM] OT: Data Breaches

Subject: [OM] OT: Data Breaches
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2015 19:29:31 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
     Seems that this issue is becoming more common as time goes on.  We have a
surge in card skimmers being installed at gas stations in the Phoenix area.
Because of the frequency of this, I try to not use a credit/ATM card to buy gas
unless I'm filling up for a long trip.

     Uber announced today the it was compromised.

     Earlier this week I received a card from the Maricopa County Community
College telling me that they were providing credit monitoring services as the
result of a class action suit.  Trouble with that is I've never attended nor
worked there.  The card came to the correct address, but the name is that of
someone I've never heard of.  Looks like someone is using my address to
establish residency.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson