Re: [OM] IMG: Cell Phone Romance

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Cell Phone Romance
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2015 09:45:34 -0800
On 12/12/2015 9:29 AM, Tina Manley wrote:
Thanks, Chris.  It is small on the website.  I don't think it's possible to
make it larger.

The new web site, whatever it's other good points, presents your images too small for me to enjoy. I suppose the loss of one regular viewer/commenter/critic/suggester may be little or no loss. But on the assumption that I am not THAT weird compared to other viewers, it's possible that I may be the canary in the mine.

Chris C's web image size has always frustrated me, just a bit too small to "see" (especially with the tease of a place to click for a larger version, which isn't). I don't even click on his links unless they have 'mist' in the subject, an unusual sounding subject, or an interesting comment from another listee. Your image size is even smaller. (Is it? Or is that just my impression? Doesn't matter, as it's the effect that matters.) In any case, I notice that I don't always click through now, and when I do, it's often only for a moment.

I have noticed over the years that those who sell, or hope to sell, their images tend to have the smallest web images, presumably to deter theft. If that is your case, given recent threads about the crash of stock sale prices, might it be closing the door after the horse has gone?

OTOH, you can be sure that I'll not be working with your web images from this site to make suggestions about how you might process/present them more effectively. Could be Good, or possibly not. ;-)

Certainly an interesting contrast to Ken, revising his web site to allow much larger images than before, and reworking some older images for much more impact at larger sizes. It's fun to click on his links, expecting to feel the impact, even if I end up not liking the particular image much.

Yellow Feather Moose