Re: [OM] Brian Swale's manual zuiko lens test pages from long ago

Subject: Re: [OM] Brian Swale's manual zuiko lens test pages from long ago
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2015 09:49:24 -0800
On 12/15/2015 6:45 AM, Rick Beckrich wrote:
+2 Brian!
I've got the Viv 19/35, decent but seldom take it with me. It's a huge
thing... So I usually try to step back with the Zuiko 24.

I used to have the Viv 19-35 that Rick now has and used it a fair amount on OMs, before moving to Canon for DSLRs. I thought it a pretty decent lens; not up to OMZ 18, 21, 24, 28 and 35, but far more convenient for all but quite serious shooting for me than carrying 3-5 primes and doing a lot of switching.

PopPhoto agreed:
"*In the lab.* SQF data indicates good overall performance and commendable consistency across the focal-length range. However, field curvature at all focal-lengths was judged to be excessive and may affect sharpness at the edges of the field when photographing flat objects at wide apertures. Distortion was minimal at 35mm, just noticeable at 19mm, and 28mm, a better then average performance for this class of zoom.
*
In the field:* Test slides showed good sharpness and contrast at all focal-length settings and apertures except for a slight loss of sharpness visible in the corners of the field at maximum and minimum apertures.

*Conclusion:* A handy ultrawide-to-wide zoom offering good overall performance at a
reasonable price."