Re: [OM] IMG: B-25 from the Archives

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: B-25 from the Archives
From: Charles Geilfuss <charles.geilfuss@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2015 09:02:19 -0500
  Thanks for posting, Chuck, although my stomach is a bit queasy just
watching those ships pitch and roll. What really strikes me is how slow
those B-25's appear to be going when they take off. I know they had a good
headwind combined with the ship's headway, but they appear to be traveling
about 30 mph relative to the ship. Years ago I saw one take off at the
Geneva Airshow and I came away with the same impression. The plane looked
like it was traveling about 40-50 mph when the wheels left the ground.

Charlie