Re: [OM] Charlie Brown Christmas Tree

Subject: Re: [OM] Charlie Brown Christmas Tree
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2015 21:41:22 -0800
On 11/30/2015 6:01 PM, Tina Manley wrote:
For those of you not on Facebook:

I don't have any photos to share because I don't think I even owned a
camera back then, but in 1967, I was teaching the 5th grade in Plaquemines
Parish, LA. Schools had recently been desegregated and everyone who could
afford to sent their kids to private schools. The public schools had all of
the left-overs. We had no budget to decorate for Christmas so I asked the
kids if anybody could contribute. One little girl proudly said she had a
Christmas tree she could bring. It was an aluminum Christmas tree with
about 6 branches. We all made ornaments for the little tree. We called it
the Charlie Brown Christmas tree and thought it was beautiful!

Very sweet! Thanks for the story.

It's Beginning To Feel a Lot Like ...

   Moose