[OM] LL - Taking bets

Subject: [OM] LL - Taking bets
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2015 11:17:48 -0600
So, this is supposed to be the last day of accessibility to
Luminous-Landscape before they implement the pay wall. Granted, it's
only a buck a month, but this will be a great study in how to kill a
website.

Back when we launched zone-10, that was going to be one of the things
we implemented was a pay wall for additional features and content.
While we never developed out the site and services offered to warrant
it, the one thing I learned through the research was that it was a bad
idea. It is self-filtering and self-limiting. In other words, the only
people who will willingly pay are those who are essentially already in
the club.

Three questions:

1. How long will it take until they tear down the pay wall?
2. How long until the website shuts down entirely?
3. Does anybody really care because the site isn't relevant anyway?

AG Schnozz