Re: [OM] IMG: The Guitarist

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: The Guitarist
From: Peter Klein <pklein@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 28 Nov 2015 01:44:20 -0800
> On 11/27/2015 2:15 AM, Peter Klein wrote:
> This man was playing a well-known Spanish guitar piece on a streets in the old
> city of Granada.
> <https://www.flickr.com/photos/24844563@N04/22716405423/in/photostream/lightbox/>
>
> Lovely! Wonderful composition.
>
> Serenaded Moose

Thanks, Moose. I really like this one. Glad I pulled it off. We were with a tour group, and we were zipping along down a steep hill. When I heard him play, I had to stop and listen for a moment and take a shot. Then I had to catch up with the group. So it really was "a la sauvette."

I finally figured out what the piece was. I knew it, I could sing along with it, but for the life of me I couldn't remember the title and composer. Today, two months later, I searched YouTube for "Spanish classical guitar," and quickly identified it: "Asturias" (also called "Leyenda") by Isaac Albeniz. I've added a link to a John Williams performance of the piece to the flickr page.

--Peter