[OM] Involuntary loss of programs on a device

Subject: [OM] Involuntary loss of programs on a device
From: bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2015 04:32:42 +1300

I'm sorry; I can't find the earlier parts (and name) of this thread
which dealt with the possibility of an outside body removing/disabling
programs from your personal IT device.

Well, it certainly happened to
me.

In an early version of my computer which was destroyed in our
recent house fire, I had several MS programs; Word, excel, Powerpoint
etc.

These, along with a very early version of Photoshop, were
installed on the computer when i bought it second-hand, and their
presence was the reason I bought it.

Five or six years ago, these were
disabled, and I have no doubt that this was done by MS through the
frequent "upgrades" they offered.

If they can do it, so can others.

Brian