Re: [OM] IMGs: Newly Digitised Shackleton Photos

Subject: Re: [OM] IMGs: Newly Digitised Shackleton Photos
From: Jez Cunningham <jez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2015 15:10:54 +0000
Aah.  He went to my school and one of his boats, The James Caird, is on
display there.
Back in the day, we just knew it as 'Shackleton's Boat'.

"It was in the James Caird, a 23 foot whaler, that he and five companions
made the epic open boat voyage of 800 miles (1,300 km) from Elephant
Island, 500 miles (800 km) south of Cape Horn, to South Georgia during the
Antarctic winter of 1916."

http://www.dulwich.org.uk/oas-development/old-alleynians/alumni-profiles/well-known-alumni-from-our-past/ernest-shackleton

Jez