Re: [OM] IMG: Nathan's PAW 47: mostly Vienna

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Nathan's PAW 47: mostly Vienna
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2015 20:41:29 -0800
On 11/10/2015 12:13 PM, Nathan Wajsman wrote:
Last week’s blog is dominated by my trip to wonderful Vienna although there are a few
Alicante pics as well. I have selected images that did not “fit” in the gallery that I
posted the other day, but that perhaps give you a better impression of my trip to this wonderful
city:

http://www.fotocycle.dk/paws/?page_id=1505

Interesting synchronicity, that you were there for "... a fantastic exhibition of works by Klimt, Schiele and Kokoschka." I've just started reading. "The Age of Insight: The Quest to Understand the Unconscious in Art, Mind, and Brain, From Vienna 1900 to the Present", by Eric R. Kandel, the Nobel Prize winning brain researcher. Klimt and his protégés play a large part in his explication of his theses.

I find the history of Vienna from mid-nineteenth century reforms giving Jews full rights and making antisemitism socially unacceptable, through the cultural, artistic and scientific golden age of this book (1895-1930) in such contrast to the events of 1940 and after that it makes no sense to me. Of course, I have no real knowledge of Central Europe during that period, only what little I have read. My only ancestors from anywhere even in the general region left Rossweg in Werttemberg to escape oppressive rule and grinding poverty in 1738.

A. Puzzled Moose