Re: [OM] Don't Much Like Quitters, Son

Subject: Re: [OM] Don't Much Like Quitters, Son
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2015 19:38:32 -0800
On 11/10/2015 6:46 PM, Chris Crawford wrote:
Here's another photograph that I made earlier this year of the abandoned
General Electric factory complex in downtown Fort Wayne, Indiana. The
company shut down the last of its operations here at the beginning of the
year, but decades ago, GE had more than 20,000 workers here!

http://chriscrawfordphoto.com/chris-details.php?product=2243

Ah yes, that famous grit, that kept him safe in Hollywood while most all the other leading men of the time served in WWII, many in combat. Considering the themes of his movies, his politics and his public life, that strikes me as hypocrisy.

"Don't Much Like Quitters, Son." sounds to me like a self indictment.

Perhaps as with the statue of him in the eponymous airport in Orange County, the reality was something less than the public image.

Moose D'Opinion