Re: [OM] OT: Need a good cheap pocket knife?

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Need a good cheap pocket knife?
From: Rick Beckrich <rbeckrich@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2015 08:37:59 -0500
That's impressive, Moose. And the size looks perfect.
I wonder if anyone still has some in stock?

Too many knives Rick
On Nov 8, 2015 3:40 PM, "Moose" <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 11/8/2015 9:17 AM, Mike Lazzari wrote:
>>
>> ...:
>>
>> My constant companion is a little Gerber which I use as an everything
utility knife. The knife that I carry hiking is a CKRT Nirk Novo. The broad
blade style lends itself to cutting cheese and spreading pbj as well as the
usual knife jobs.

> I have a knife that combines the two functions, easy in and out,
non-locking, quick open thumb cut-out and tough composite handle with
grippy inserts. AND, it has a broad, flattish blade for sandwich duty. AND,
it's self sharpening! <
http://www.crkt.com/Edgie-Self-Sharpening-Knife-Razor-Sharp-Edge>

> The pic of the interior sharpening mechanism is from the EDGIE2. Mine has
a simpler, single, long, diamond coated sharpening thingie and is sharpened
along one edge only.

> Good, solid, useful utility knife. And yes, it really works; use it on
something that dulls it and just just open/close a few times with side
pressure on the blade, and it's sharp again. Unfortunately, it is
discontinued. :-(