Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 13/10/2015: not for vegetarians

Subject: Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 13/10/2015: not for vegetarians
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2015 10:59:24 -0400
On 10/14/2015 2:00 AM, Nathan Wajsman wrote:
I am in the city of my birth, Wrocław in Poland, to help celebrate my sister’s
birthday yesterday. We went out for dinner at a new, posh restaurant focusing on traditional
Polish food. Nothing is more traditional than this heavy offering called golonka:

http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-v3FNL2r/A

It needs to be accompanied with vodka, of course. I eat something like this
perhaps once every two years. But when prepared well, as it was last night, it
is delicious.

Bigos was my favorite at the excellent Polish restaurant that went through a couple of incarnations over many years here. Better for someone like Nathan, who burns many more calories a day than I do - unless one's goal is to become a more substantial person. :-)

Hunter Moose