[OM] OT: Intersting Weather

Subject: [OM] OT: Intersting Weather
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 2015 13:44:18 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
     Our list weather wonks might want to keep watch of what's happening out
this way.  We had a moderate low-pressure system pass through here a few days
ago, dropping our temperatures to just below normal.  After the system passed
eastward, it made a turn to the south, then continued turning to the west.  It
will soon be back out in the Pacific.  Very strange.

     While this last storm is making its way back to the Pacific, we have
another feature that may make things even more interesting.  Tropical
Depression 18-E formed this morning.  It is forecast to strengthen to tropical
storm status in the next 24 hours and to a hurricane on Sunday.  It is
presently heading due west, but on Monday it is forecast to make a hard right
turn to the northeast.  The current GFS forecast shows that this storm will
merge with out west-bound low-pressure system next Friday.

     This is pretty strange, but we have already had two hurricanes from the
vicinity of Hawai'i make their way to the Pacific Northwest.  Post-Tropical
Storm Oho is currently on it's way to Juneau.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson