Re: [OM] Battle of Britain Spitfire/Hurricane/Blenheim get-together

Subject: Re: [OM] Battle of Britain Spitfire/Hurricane/Blenheim get-together
From: Martin Walters <mwalters@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2015 12:23:35 -0400
Late to this thread as I just got back from three weeks in Europe (UK, briefly, and Portugal). I was lucky enough to be there for the flypast (RAF Benson, near Oxford). The weather behaved, though the entire event was delayed a couple of hours due to weather problems elsewhere.

The six spits and hurricanes made one pass over the field - 30 secs in total. Due to the viewing spot, they appeared rather abruptly. The few photos I managed to take are at: http://zone-10.com/tope2/main.php?g2_itemId=18949

I have to say that the lady on the RAF Benson switchboard was very helpful, providing updates on timing and where to view. Although I was no doubt one of many that rang that day, she was unfailingly polite and informative.

Martin