Re: [OM] What is this precipitate to which you refer? [was IMG: A Change

Subject: Re: [OM] What is this precipitate to which you refer? [was IMG: A Change of Colors]
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2015 14:38:53 -0700
On 9/30/2015 1:42 PM, Jim Nichols wrote:
Here's hoping that you get a steady stream of showers, but not enough to cause
mud slides.

You folks from the middle and east of the country don't understand. We need heavy winter storms that drop lots of snow in the mountains.

Our weather is completely different. We get no measurable, or at least useful, precipitation roughly from May through November, even in rainy years. We depend on the snow pack and reservoirs for that dry season.

Here, natural grasses are 'golden' (light brown) in the summer and green in the
winter.

So ... I wish for a steady progression of storms this winter, moderate enough and spaced so that flooding and mudslides are minimized - but we sure need a heavy snow winter!

Oh the weather outside is frightening ...

Damp Moose