Re: [OM] Amazon Cloud Drive

Subject: Re: [OM] Amazon Cloud Drive
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 27 Sep 2015 09:35:34 -0400
Some of the drive docking station options available -

Very inexpensive and easy to use but limited to USB and more modern (thinner) 2.5" hard drives. No external power supply required. Actually, I'm so impressed with this one I might buy one or two of them because they'll make backing up my 2 laptop computers easier. The only caution is that there's only one reviewer (who likes it a lot). But it's so cheap I'd just throw it away if it doesn't work. :-)
<http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA4TK2E44826&cm_re=USB_3.0_drive_dock_docking_station-_-9SIA4TK2E44826-_-Product>

More expensive, much more versatile (USB + eSATA + any 2.5" or 3.5" drive) and has very good reviews by 40 owners who all like it except for 3 who say it failed in a year or less. I bought one myself to have a spare but have only used it twice. I have another one by "Ineo" that I prefer because it is smaller but I can't find the brand any more. But all of these larger units require an external power supply to power 3-1/2" drives which makes them less convenient.
<http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA2BP0T23951&cm_re=USB_3.0_drive_dock_docking_station-_-9SIA2BP0T23951-_-Product>

You may not have these brands and models available where you buy computer accessories but they show the range of options available.

Chuck Norcutt