[OM] road trip questions

Subject: [OM] road trip questions
From: Mike Lazzari <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2015 19:03:40 -0700
My daughter graduates this semester and we are driving down to AZ in mid December. On the way down we are going through SLC and plan to spend a couple of days around Kanab. On the way back I'm thinking to head up through Death Valley. Question for those who know the area, what are the roads going to be like 2-3 week of December? Are we nuts? Specific route contemplated would be from Las Vegas to Lone Pine then on up 395. How is route 190?

Previous experience is that the desert is way better than the coast. Besides being shorter even with a bit of snow it beats all the traffic on the coast. Nothing like being hemmed in by semis going 65-70 in the pouring rain and no visibility.

thanks
Mike