Re: [OM] Some pictures from our trip to Washington state -, Calling Nath

Subject: Re: [OM] Some pictures from our trip to Washington state -, Calling Nathan
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2015 20:24:29 -0400
Thanks.  Glad to hear that.

Chuck Norcutt

On 9/13/2015 6:51 PM, Scott Gomez wrote:
The Animas wasn't orange for more than a few days. Lucky for me, as that
means the irrigation ditch got re-started after a week, and my BIL and I
could quit trying to water our 3 steers the hard way, by refilling the
water tank from the well, via a garden hose (a very slow process).
Depending which point on the Animas one cares to measure to, we're only
about 1.5 miles from it, and the ditch supplies our irrigation and stock
water, when things are operating normally.

  What was the most interesting part of the whole thing was watching the
increasing level of hype proffered by the local (Albuquerque, 180 miles
distant) and national news, and aided and abetted by various local
governments, the state government, and that of the Navajo Nation. Without
being local, one would quite reasonably have wondered how many people were
going to be sickened or die.

That said, the Feds did little to ameliorate the escalation, as they mostly
communicated poorly, or not much at all.

Net result was that many folks were inconvenienced by having to wait for
the pulse of nasty water to make its way downstream, becoming more and more
dilute with every mile, especially after it passed just slightly downstream
of us here in Aztec, NM, where water from impoundments could be added to
further dilute it and speed the flow.

On Sun, Sep 13, 2015 at 10:19 AM Chuck Norcutt <