[OM] OT: Yosemite - Photo - Help needed

Subject: [OM] OT: Yosemite - Photo - Help needed
From: Philippe <philippe.amard@xxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2015 11:26:46 +0200
Hi All,

A friend using Photo (Yosemite) wants to re-sort photos he had "catalogued" in
I-photo - in short moving pixies from one folder/event (A) to another one (B)
where they belong.
This can be done by selecting the previews in A and moving them to the right
folder B or C or D alright.
Yet, and this is the problem, when you "suppress" the files from the original
folder A, they also disappear from the new destination B.

What I have found to work is, after moving the files, create a duplicate in
destination folder B, or C etc.. This of course results in two copies of the
file in the destination folder. I then delete the original file in folder A,
which results in the copy being deleted in B as well. And the duplicate remains
in B. Hurray!

However, the process is (very) long and tedious, with some risks of losing
files by accident.

So here is my question to experienced mac users : is there a shorter way to
simply get files reorganized ? kind of just moving the files as in the finder …

Thanks in anticipation for your precious help.

Amities
Philippe