Re: [OM] OT: What the ****!

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: What the ****!
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 2015 15:56:35 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

>I wonder why you have such odd problems that the rest of us don't seem
>to encounter.  I have no idea what it means to have evilbay "disable"
>"functions".  Nor do I have any idea what it means for something to
>"time out at the system level".  What is "the system"?  How do you know
>it's timing out or where?
>
>I know very little about bikes but decided I'd play the part of a
>restoration parts buyer.  Did a search for a "Raleigh crankset".  Found
>one for 50s-60s bikes.  Buy it now and everything else seems to be
>working just fine.  I've never seen any of this stuff not work in
>probably 10 years of using ebay.

     This is the second time I've known them to disable the Buy It Now
function.  The last time they at least made a system announcement, and it was
shut off for three days that time.

     There are certain functions such as feedback and messages that do not work
with WinXP, so I use the Win7 hard drive when I need to use those.  This time,
however, that did not help, nor did it help with the other functions that could
not be accessed.  The real surprise was when I could not access them with the
MacBook Pro, which is constantly being kept up-to-date.

     I also thought that it might be another episode of 19CL "denial of access"
as they did with the wifi at the coffee shop I use to go to.  Funny thing here
was that I was able to regain access when I used Earthlink dialup, though it
was painfully slow and evilBay kept disconnecting due to timeout erros.

     I'm hoping that some day the Chinese will buy out evilBay and manage it as
though it was a for-profit venture instead of an over-sized video game for
cyber toddlers.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson