Re: [OM] news sources, was: Selfie Safety Hazards

Subject: Re: [OM] news sources, was: Selfie Safety Hazards
From: Mike Lazzari <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2015 12:57:38 -0700
NPR (radio)
BBC (radio)
CBC (radio, used to get TV but that went out with the digital "upgrade")
aljazeera.com
High Country News, hcn.org (subscribe)
Science News,  sciencenews.org  (subscribe)
Economist  (library)

local public TV (antenna, very limited out here and I choose not to get a dish)
-PBS
-WA supreme court live broadcast
-WA legislative news and some local news
-assortment of world news feeds
-assortment of world TV dramas  (practicing my Italian ;) )

IMHO Network TV should not be allowed to call their programs "news", rather "info-tainment". I used to think that only applied to Murdock and Fox but the others drank the koolaid and are much the same to a varying degree.