[OM] IMG: Interesting Cloud Formation

Subject: [OM] IMG: Interesting Cloud Formation
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2015 07:19:02 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
     Thanks to a couple of tropical storms off the coast of Baja, we've had a
number of days of high humidity and solid overcast, though hardly any rain.
Yesterday morning I stepped outside to view the sky and immediately ran inside
to grab an E-500 and my new/used Samyang 18-28/4.0-4.5 lens so that I could
capture this unusual cloud formation:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/64004640@N03/21270548196/in/dateposted-public/

     It looks a bit like a Star Fleet emblem.

     Speaking of new/used lenses, I scored a very rare Vivitar TX 35-105/3.5
lens on evilBay this morning.  I have a couple of post-TX versions of this lens
(one branded as Hoya) where they had uncoupled the close-focus and converted it
to a macro focus that can only be used at 35mm by pushing the aperture ring
forward.  I really like the T4 and TX series lenses even though they are quite
heavy, the 75-260/4.5 being a regular piece of field gear.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson