Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 29/8/2015: last day in Philly (last 3 photos NSFW)

Subject: Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 29/8/2015: last day in Philly (last 3 photos NSFW)
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 30 Aug 2015 18:10:27 -0400
Wow!  Too much to absorb.  But if you'd told me this
<http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-wmLwQgG/A>
was taken somewhere near Las Vegas I could have believed it.

Chuck Norcutt

On 8/30/2015 11:49 AM, Nathan Wajsman wrote:
In half an hour we will have checked out from our hotel in Philadelphia and
will on the way to the airport for our flight home to Spain. Yesterday, we were
out and about in the city, taking in the Reading Terminal Market and the
wonderful Art of the Brick  exhibition at the Franklin Institute (highly
recommended if you are in this area or if it comes to your town).

We walked around a lot and happened upon several nice events, for example a festivity at a union
hall—for this Social Democrat, it was nice to see the word “solidarity” on the
street of Philadelphia:
http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-kJPbWbj/A

We then walked on to Rittenhouse square where there was a nice farmers market.
We met this couple from Lawrenceville, New Jersey, the last place where we
lived in the US, from 1990 to 1995. The woman in this picture was born at the
same hospital as my daughter, the Medical Center in Princeton:
http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-kW6v4Dk/A

We then noticed some cyclists beginning to disrobe on the edge of the square.
It turned out that a Naked Bike Ride event was going to happen:
http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-WGcJCrb/A

A bit later, we were having a beer at an outside table when the naked bike ride
rolled by. Great fun!
http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-qC4R3tg/A
http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-KnfhgnQ/A

The guy in the foreground illustrates some of the issues riding a bike naked:
http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-6k96HRR/A

It has been great to spend time in Philly, to catch up with Jim Shulman and to
see our son. We will not see him again until he comes to Spain for Christmas.

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman
Alicante, Spain