[OM] OM Philip jones Griffiths

Subject: [OM] OM Philip jones Griffiths
From: JOHN DUGGAN <john.duggan10@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 30 Aug 2015 00:14:55 +0000 (UTC)
Hi all,        Probably of more interest to our UK based members. Earlier this
week I visited The National Library of Wales - Aberystwyth to see a
retrospective exhibition of some of the photographs of Philip Jones Griffiths.
The library has been gifted his photographic archive along with personal items
and many if not all of his cameras.The original photographs on show are largely
themed around one of his books "Vietnam Inc." This exhibition is well worth a
visit and really makes you think about the futility and human cost of the
Vietnam war. I have just ordered Vietnam inc.
Another of his publications  "Agent Orange" illustrates the after effect of
this defoliant on humans.. It contains some truly horrific images of
deformities produced by Agent Orange. One shot shows a line of laboratory jars,
each containing a deformed foetus! Very disturbing viewing. I am glad I had the
opportunity to look through the photos in this book - but they really moved me
to tears. A Very thought provoking publication.
Olympus content. Among his cameras, including  Leicas, Contax, Nikon, Medium
format, and Panoramic, was a collection of OM 2N's OM4Ti, 3's and a letter from
Olympus complaining that he had not sent them any slides for advertising
purposes! Regards John Duggan, Wales, UK